The lineSport Collection broadens with the new Chronographe Rattrapante, available in 4 versions: two in titanium grade 5, one in 18k 6n gold and one in platinum pt950.
The case of 44 mm diameter and 12.1 mm thick encloses the monopoussoir split second chronograph movement with a very large date, made in aluminium alloy for the titanium version and in 18k rose gold for the 18k 6n gold and platinum versions.
This chronograph features a power reserve of 80 hours making it possible to efficiently use the chronograph with the rattrapante function after 2 days and a very large date in a window of 5.20 x 2.80 mm provides an increased readability. The tachymetric bezel inlaid with ceramic and the new typographic numeral are a reminder of the 2017 only watch timepiece.
The 4 versions have different dials:
– For the titanium models, a dial in aluminium alloy of yellow or slate grey colour with luminescent applied numerals, 2 chronograph counters engraved in sapphire and luminescent hours and minutes hands. With an extreme lightness and in absolute comfort, this watch in its totality only weighs around 81 grams.
– For the 6n gold model, a silver guilloche dial covered with ruthenium and appliques numerals in matte 5n gold, 2 silver chronograph counters and matte 5n golden hands.
– For the platinum model, a blue-mauve colour silver guilloche dial with appliques numerals in matte white gold, 2 silver chronograph counters and matte rhodied hands.
The precious metal bracelets are assorted to their respective case. Two new bracelets in 18k 6n gold and platinum with matte hammered finishing have been developed. The links attached to the case are also articulated to adapt to the different wrist sizes with an adjustable folding clasp in length of approximately 5 mm.
A crown with 3 positions:
– Position 1: winding.
– Position 2: correction of the very large date.
– Position 3: time setting.
The pusher are made in the same metal as the case:
– A pusher at 2h for the chronograph start, stop and back to zero functions.
– A pusher at 4h for the rattrapante.
This calibre 1518 with manual winding, conceived by F.P.Journe, is as usual entirely made in our manufacture and assembled by one of our watchmakers. F.p.Journe perpetuates the watchmaking tradition and maintains exclusive craftsmanship since every experienced watchmaker performs all the assembly stages from beginning to end, a unique case in the profession.
Inspired by the chronograph made for Only Watch 2017, this new movement features a chronograph direct gearing with a rocking pinion avoiding the jump of the hand at the start. An important development was required to integrate the very large date in a total height of only 6.80 mm, signature of the F.P.Journe brand. The magnificent finishing and decorations of the movement visible through a transparent sapphire back are one of the numerous undisputable qualities of the F.P.Journe haute horology.
Available in: Spiga